Senior doctors suspension lifted. The University of Zimbabwe has reversed its decision to fire senior Doctors. Below are minutes from a meeting that took place today(Yesterday in the late hours).
OUTCOME OF MEETINGS BETWEEN ZIMBABWE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION (ZIMA) REPRESENTATIVES AND THE VICE CHANCELLOR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE HELD ON WEDNESDAY 9 OCTOBER 2019
ZIMA requested an urgent meeting with the Vice-Chancellor following the suspension of Dr BA Mbuwayesango and termination of Dr D Chimuka’s contract. Two separate meetings were consequently held.
Recognising that the University had followed its due processes, the first meeting discussed the information gaps, the dimensions and implications of the decision the University had taken.
The parties then agreed to hold a second meeting involving the two members concerned to allow clarification and further investigate the circumstances around their alleged breach of contractual obligations. During this meeting, the parties also agreed that:
• Senior Consultants in the University of Zimbabwe are not on strike and will make everything possible to ensure continuity of teaching of the programmes in the College of Health Sciences.
• There was missing information relating to the role played by the two concerned members relating to their contractual obligations.
• Senior Consultants have a critical role to play in meeting their contractual obligations to the University.
Following these deliberations and further submissions by representatives of the Surgical Department of the University of Zimbabwe, the parties resolved that:
1. Senior Consultants particularly those from the University have a critical role to play in resolving the current challenges in the health sector.
2. Senior Consultants should undertake to play a greater role in ensuring that the training and teaching at the University of Zimbabwe College of Health Sciences is not compromised.
3. The University reconsiders its action in light of further information availed and submissions made during the discussions.
Source – iHarare
In other news – Mai Titi strikes: Goes on the offensive yet again: Pics
Mai Titi strikes: Goes on the offensive yet again: Pics. Mai Titi’s real name Felistas Edwards popularity on answering or clapping back at critics is growing each and every day. Whenever she posts something and receives a negative comment she never grows tired of throwing a punch back.
Yes, it might be okay to resist cyberbullying but as a role model to others, we think she must restain a little bit. This comes after she fired back at one of her fan who had commented on her Instagram post in which she…continue reading.