This is how having s.e.x can kill you in 5 minutes. A married American couple reportedly had the most unromantic end to a bout of lovemaking when the woman was rushed to hospital after having an allergic reaction to medication her husband was taking when she got into contact with his s.e.men.
The alarming experience is reported to have occurred soon after intercourse after the 46-year-old woman started sweating severely and complaining of dizziness, diarrhoea, itchy hands and feet. When the woman was rushed to the hospital, doctors gave her various antibiotics under the belief that she was suffering from sepsis due to her low blood pressure.
However, further tests revealed she was suffering from anaphylactic shock (an extreme, often life-threatening allergic reaction to an antigen to which the body has become hypersensitive). According to the case report in the American Journal of Medicine. the woman had a long history of penicillin allergy since childhood and had never been exposed to the antibiotic. It was however found out that her husband was taking an antic biotic called nafcillin which contains penicillin for his bacterial infection treatment.
The report, titled “Almost Killed by Love: A Cautionary Coital Tale”, strongly suggested that the woman had been exposed to penicillin concentrated in her husband’s s.e.men.
“We have reported a case of an anaphylactic reaction to nafcillin in a penicillin-allergic patient via vaginal exposure to the antibiotic contained within her partner’s s.e.men. While we were unable to obtain a specimen from the patient’s husband to confirm detectable levels of nafcillin in her partner’s s.e.men, the patient’s clinical presentation coupled with the onset of symptoms post-coitus leads us to believe she was exposed to nafcillin concentrated in the seminal fluid,” reads part of the report.
When the woman was discharged from hospital, doctors sternly advised her to abstain from s.e.xual intercourse with her husband until he completed his course of antibiotics.
The authors advised those writing prescriptions to “take into account the hazards of allergic reactions and adverse side effects, not only for the patient but also for the patient’s family”. So next time be careful.
Source – iHarare
In other news – Former First Lady Grace Mugabe getting a taste of her medicine
Former First Lady Grace Mugabe getting a taste of her medicine. The invasion of the former First Lady Grace Mugabe’s farm by intruders is the work of karma giving her a taste of her own medicine, a prominent human rights activist has said.Dr Pedzisai Ruhanya said, “You live by the sword you die by the sword. Grace Mugabe is experiencing exactly that. We don’t have to like or dislike it but that’s the result and reality of Zanu PF misrule. This is not the…continue reading.