Home Zimbabwe News ED speaks on Mozambique Insurgency after Zimbabwean citizen confirmed dead from the...

ED speaks on Mozambique Insurgency after Zimbabwean citizen confirmed dead from the attack

Nyasha-Mugwagwa

ED speaks on Mozambique Insurgency after Zimbabwean citizen confirmed dead from the attack. Islamic extremists who claim links to the terror group, Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) or Daesh, has been engaged in a bloody campaign against innocent civilians in Mozambique’s Cabo Delgado region.

President Emmerson Mnangagwa on Wednesday said SADC member countries will not sit back and allow terrorist attacks to continue in Mozambique without a robust response. Addressing the 351st session of the Politburo at the Zanu PF headquarters yesterday, President Mnangagwa said Zimbabwe, alongside its neighbours, will stand behind Mozambique. He said:

Insurgencies are threatening to slow down and reverse our collective efforts to achieve the aspirations outlined in the United Nations SDGs, the African Union Agenda 2063 and within SADC.

As Zanu PF, we stand in solidarity with our sister party, Frelimo as well as the Government and people of the Republic of Mozambique in the wake of the ongoing disturbances in Cabo Delgado Province, in northern Mozambique. An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us. United we stand.

Hence, we cannot sit back and allow acts of insurgency to continue without a robust regional response. Last week, I, therefore, attended the SADC Double Troika Summit in Mozambique, where the regional bloc resolved to immediately make technical deployments towards restoring peace and stability.

The President also revealed that the government is working with the Mozambican authorities to establish the number of Zimbabweans who were affected when insurgents attack Palma on 24 March.

This comes after a Zimbabwean man, Nyasha Mugwagwa was among the 12 people killed during an attack on Palma town by the terrorists. Said, President Mnangagwa:  Government is currently working with the Mozambican authorities to establish the number of our nationals who were entrapped during the attack of Palma town, on March 24, 2021.

Source – Pindula News

In other news – Njuzu and Olinda bust-up on IG over leaked videos of the socialite, more dirty secrets revealed

Njuzu and Olinda bust-up on IG over leaked videos of the socialite, more dirty secrets revealed. The drama is not stopping. April has a full package for us as the social media socialites are in the full force of keeping us entertained.

Olinda Njuzu commander

Olinda Chapel has come out guns blazing at Njuzu. As we all know Njuzu spend the last 2 days trending after a series of her n@ked videos were leaked on social media. This got everybody talking and among the many people and…Learn More.