Home Sports Boxer Charles Manyuchi given greenlight to defend his crown

Boxer Charles Manyuchi given greenlight to defend his crown

Manyuchi

Boxer Charles Manyuchi given green light to defend his crown. The promoters of the fight, the Charles Manyuchi Boxing Academy, have been in panic mode after the Government banned all sporting activities last week owing to a surge in Covid-19 cases in the country.

Boxer Charles Manyuchi has been given the go-ahead to defend his WBF world title against Uganda’s Mahomed Sebyla in Masvingo on July 3.

Matters weren’t helped either as the authorities cleared some sport codes excluding the July 3 bill two days ago.

But, the 31-year old can now focus on preparing to defend the belt which he will also unify with two other titles after it emerged this afternoon the pugilist has been given the greenlight to fight next week.

One of Manyuchi’s coaches, Ali “Otto” Phiri revealed to The Herald that the fight has been allowed to take place.

“The fight is on. We have been cleared by the Government. It will take place on July 3 in Masvingo under strict Covid-19 conditions,” he said.

Source – The Heralld

In other news – Police speak on the alleged arrest of Boundary Bus hijackers

Police speak on the alleged arrest of Boundary Bus hijackers. In a statement, the ZRP said the suspects were yet to be arrested. The statement issued by ZRP on Wednesday. The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has dismissed the alleged arrest of hijackers of the South Africa-bound Boundary Express bus.

Boundary Bus passenger

The ZRP has taken note of posts circulating on social media alleging that some of the robbers involved in the Boundary Express Bus robbery in…Learn More.

Previous articleKhanyi Mbau gets replaced by Khabonina Qubeka
Next articleMbare based comedian Tomato dies