World News

Father of decuplets says his babies not yet ready for public eyes

Father of decuplets says his babies not yet ready for public eyes. He made the remarks amid scepticism on social media on whether the babies existed or not. He assured South Africans that the babies do exist but said the matter was sensitive because the babies were born prematurely.

The father of recently born South African decuplets, Tebogo Tsotetsi, has said the babies will be shown to the public in due season. He said:

It is a very unique situation. They are premature, they are still incubated. Very small as you can think – 10 children in one womb that normally carries one baby. They are very small, so the sensitivity that goes into that, even the doctors, they don’t want to risk that. People will see the babies at the right time.

Tsotetsi said that as a family they also want to give doctors space and privacy to provide the babies with the care they need.

Pretoria News editor Piet Rampedi explained that even though he had been in touch with the couple since late last year, it was important to keep the story under wraps due to concerns for safety as well as cultural and religious reasons.

Tsotetsi said his wife, Sithole was recovering well in hospital after giving birth on Monday night breaking the Guinness World Record held by Malian Halima Cissé who gave birth to nine children in Morocco last month.

He said she has been in pain but started walking by herself on Wednesday adding that she gave birth to five babies naturally and then had the other five by caesarian.

Six doctors, including two gynaecologists, and two nurses helped the family deliver the babies. Independent Media chairperson, Dr Iqbal Survé congratulated the family and pledged to donate at least R1 million to the family, to be paid over a period of four years.

Survé encouraged South Africans who want to be part of the support system for the family to contribute and said that they will assist the family in setting up a trust.

Independent Media chief operating officer Takudzwa Hove said members of the public were also free to drop off items at the company’s offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban.

Source – Pindula News

In other news – Man bashes a police officer and nearly kills him in a bloody fight

Man bashes a police officer and nearly kills him in a bloody fight. This advice was at play when a Bulawayo-based car dealer was slapped with a 42-month jail package by a Bulawayo magistrate for brutally striking a police officer with an empty beer bottle on the forehead resulting in him sustaining a deep cut. Touch not the law enforcer!

Police Officer

Brandon Hingi (25) from Nketa 8 suburb carried out the savage and supposedly alcohol-fuelled attack on Christopher Chindiya (27) on 16 May 2021 at the Bulawayo Athletics Club popularly known as BAC…Learn More.

Back to top button