21-year-old woman electrocuted whilst bathing. Midlands provincial police spokesman Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko identified the woman as Tinashe Nyika. A 21-year-old woman was allegedly electrocuted while bathing at her parents’ house in Mbizo, Kwekwe, police have confirmed. He said:
Police in Midlands Province are investigating a case of sudden death by electrocution where a 21-year-old woman died after being electrocuted in a bathroom in Mbizo, Kwekwe on Saturday.
It is alleged that the now deceased, Tinashe Nyika, entered the bathroom intending to take a bath and was electrocuted after she touched the water tape.
Insp Mahoko said Tinashe allegedly screamed for help and was attended by her father Joshua Nyika who found her lying unconscious. He said Nyika ferried his daughter to Kwekwe Hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
The matter was reported to the police who attended the scene. He said it was established that there were electricity cables that were in contact with water pipes.
Insp Mahoko urged members of the public to always have loose electricity fittings and wires attended to by qualified people whenever they are seen as a way of promoting safety.
Source – Pindula News
In other news – SA Police Minister: People were hacked and shot dead in #PhoenixMassacre
SA Police Minister: People were hacked and shot dead in #PhoenixMassacre. Bekhi Cele visited the area for the second time this week, on Saturday, to address the issue and met with angry Bhambayi community members. The township borders Phoenix.
South Africa’s Minister of Police, Bheki Cele, said that people were hacked and died of gunshot wounds…Learn More.