Connect with us

Crime and Courts

74-year-old man poisoned at lobola meeting

Published

on

Lobola

74-year-old man poisoned at lobola meeting. Job Mujeri of Chimanikire village died after he drank a super Chibuku which he got from his young brother Leon Mujeri (43). Mashonaland Central deputy police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Naison Dhliwayo confirmed the case.

A 74-year-old Guruve man allegedly drank a poisoned opaque beer and died on the spot while planning the lobola of his young brother’s daughter on Sunday.

“I can confirm a sudden death case in Guruve where Job Mujeri died after drinking a suspected poisoned super Chibuku from his brother Leon and we are currently investigating the matter,” Dhliwayo said.

Allegations are that Job went to his young brother’s homestead for a family discussion since Leon’s daughter was about to be married.

Leon gave his brother a bottle of Chibuku which he drank alone. After drinking the Chibuku he started vomiting blood and died in a toilet. Police warned people to respect human life and avoid food poisoning.

Source – Bulawayo24

In other news – Names of Masvingo-Zvishavane accident victims revealed

Names of Masvingo-Zvishavane accident victims revealed. On Monday police said 20 people were killed in the crash but one of the survivors, a police officer based at Buchwa Police Station, Lincoln Muungani (28), passed away later.

Vic falls Accident

The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has released the names of 15 of the 21 people who perished in a fatal road traffic accident that occurred on the 5th July 2021 at the…Learn More.

Comments

news@mbaretimes.com

Entertainment

Trending

Copyright © 2021 - news@mbaretimes.com