This fruity winter pudding is perfect for cooler evenings.
* 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, chopped
* 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus 2 tsp grated lemon zest
* 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
* 500g frozen mixed berries
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
* 2 tbsp whisky
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
* 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
* Icing sugar, to dust
* Thick cream mixed with 1 tsp ground cinnamon, to serve
3 Method / Steps
Preheat oven to 160C. Place the apple, juice and 1 cup (220g) sugar in a small pan and cook over low heat, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the apple softens slightly. Cool, then stir through berries. Transfer to a 1.25-litre baking dish. Set aside.
Whisk eggs, milk, whisky, lemon zest and vanilla in a bowl until combined. Set aside. Place fl our, baking powder and remaining sugar in a bowl. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients, whisking well to form a smooth batter. Pour over fruit, then bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cinnamon cream.
source – cooking365.co.za