Mzansi actress Jessica Sithelo burst into the scene after she landed the character of Nyakallo in The River and it catapulted her acting to greater heights.
The actress who plays the character of Nono Makinta has been enjoying her journey in the limelight and we are here for it. She continues to win the hearts of many people with her stunning acting prowess and she leaves Gomora viewers on the edge of their seats.
Her real age has surprised many social media users. According to reports, the actress is only 22 years old and social media cannot believe it. This is because the character she plays on TV looks like she is in her mid-20s or early 30s
Here are 7 interesting facts about the actress:
1. Jessica hails from Bloemfontein in the Free State Province and she is only 22 years old.
2. She won the title of Miss Glamorous Free State in 2017 and that proves that she is a model. Her journey with pageantry started when she came in the top 10 at a toddler pageant after her mother signed her up.
3. She is a graduate at the University of Free State where she studied a degree in Drama and Theatre Arts.
4. Drama and theatre arts were important to her because she was interested in learning how actors prepare for roles and creating believable characters for film. Thus, it would explain why she embodied Nono so well and why viewers are so captivated by her acting
5. Her favourite actress is Taraji P. Henson and she is inspired by her.
6. Her audition on The River was her very first acting audition and she was up against more than 50 other actresses. Although she studied drama and theatre, she never thought that acting was a strong point for her. However, almost three weeks after her audition, she was informed by Paddy Mazibuko, casting director, that she had been selected as a finalist for the role of Nyakallo.
7. As a Christian, she trusts that God will continue to lead her and she looks back at how faithful He has been in her life, how far she has come, and how far she has come.
She recently landed a new acting gig on the award-winning show Gomora and she told The South African why she enjoys playing the slay queen role. “What I love most about the character I will be playing, is that it is a challenge and a challenge for me is an impulse for growth.”
She revealed how she is different from her character. “Nolo is such an adventure for me and I’m enjoying the ride.”
“She is something new and different and this has allowed me to drill deeper within me, to work on my craft, and discover new ways and possibilities in order to deliver in the best way possible,” she said.
In other news – Meet the children and wives of actor Brutus (Themba Ndaba) from The Queen
South African actor, Themba Ndaba is one of the most talented actors in South Africa right now and he is best known for his role as Brutus Khoza in Mzansi Magic’s The Queen where he stars alongside Connie Ferguson.
The award-winning actor who turned 57 years old in February 2022 is a family man in real life. He has been married twice in real life, first to actress Sophie Ndaba with whom he has two children, Learn More