Curtis Stone combines sensational delicious vegetables with fettuccine for a fresh and hearty family dinner.
* 450g fettuccine
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 2 medium corn cobs, husks removed, kernels cut from the cob
* 1 red capsicum julienned into 2mm strips
* 2 medium zucchini (250g), green skin only, julienned into 2mm strips
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra leaves for garnish
* 1 tbsp lemon juice
* ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
* 1 tsp olive oil, extra, to serve
4 Method / Steps
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to packet directions. When the pasta is about 5 minutes from being al dente, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the corn and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook a further 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and toss to combine, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta and add to the pan of vegetables and mix well. Add the basil, lemon juice, and half the parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, using a pair of tongs, swirl a quarter of the pasta and vegetable mixture into a high mound in the centre of a pasta bowl. Repeat with the remaining pasta. Spoon any vegetables left in the pan over each bowl of pasta and garnish with the remaining parmesan and basil leaves.
source – cooking365.co.za