Using leeks adds a wonderful sweetness to this dish. Not rinsing the beans keeps the natural starch, which helps to thicken the sauce. It’s a wonderful side to the lamb, not too heavy but also adds a punch of flavour.
– 2 T olive oil
– 30 g butter
– 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
– 8 baby leeks, sliced lengthways
– 1 T capers
– 2 cups of cream
– 2 x 400 g cans butter beans, drained
– 1 x 400 g can cannellini beans, drained
– sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 1 x 150g white anchovies, punnet
– parsley, chopped
– lemon juice, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan, then add the garlic, leeks and capers. Fry until softened and vibrant green.
2. Add the cream and simmer for 10 minutes, then add the drained beans. Simmer for a further 10 minutes and season to taste.
3. Allow to cool slightly, then serve topped with the anchovies, parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
source – cooking365coza