Serve these tasty chicken burgers with crunchy red cabbage slaw.
* 600g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
* 70g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
* 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
* 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
* 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
* 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
* 2 tsp honey
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 loaf of Turkish bread, quartered crossways, split
* 100g baby rocket leaves
4 Method / Steps
Combine the chicken and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into four even portions. Shape each portion into a 9cm patty. Place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, onion, carrot, chives, mayonnaise, mustard and honey in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat a barbecue or chargrill on high heat. Lightly brush the bread slices and chicken patties with oil. Cook chicken on the barbecue for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cook bread on the barbecue for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Place bread bases on serving plates. Top with red cabbage slaw and chicken patties. Top with rocket and remaining bread. Serve immediately.
source – cooking365coza