Haloumi salad recipe
Super easy haloumi salad recipe. On the table in under 20 minutes, this easy vegetarian haloumi salad is perfect when time is short.
– 250g pkt pearl couscous
– 2 x 250g pkts haloumi sliced
– 1 tbsp Moroccan spice mix
– 2 zucchini, sliced
– 250g cherry tomato medley, halved
– 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
– 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
– 1 tbsp tahini
– 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
– 1 small garlic clove, crushed
– 1 lemon, rind finely grated
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 2 tbsp pomegranate arils or 1 pomegranate, arils removed
– 2 wholemeal pita bread, toasted, torn
4 Method / Steps
Cook couscous in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, pat haloumi dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with the spice mix. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat pan over medium heat. Cook haloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden. Set aside. Spray pan with oil again. Cook zucchini for 1-2 minutes until just coloured.
Combine couscous, zucchini, tomatoes, parsley and mint in a large bowl. Season well. Combine tahini, yoghurt, garlic and lemon rind in a small bowl. Season. Add lemon juice to taste.
Divide salad among serving bowls or arrange it on a platter. Top with haloumi and pomegranate. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with pita.
source – tastecom