Barbecue sweet potato wedges and haloumi salad recipe
Barbecue sweet potato wedges and haloumi salad recipe. Have this easy vegetarian haloumi on the table in 15 minutes. With barbecued sweet potato, a cheat’s creamy dressing and a salty kick from the haloumi, this is the ultimate filling summer salad.
* 500g sweet potato, peeled, cut into wedges
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp Masterfoods Lemon Herb & Garlic Spice Blend
* 180g packet of haloumi, sliced
* 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, thickly sliced
* 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
* 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
* 150g (1 cup) drained canned chickpeas, rinsed (see notes)
* 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
* 125ml (1⁄2 cup) Birch & Waite Green Goddess Dressing & Sauce
3 Method / Steps
Place sweet potato in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a square of wet paper towel. Microwave on High for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drizzle over half the oil and half the spice blend. Toss until coated. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium-high. Grill sweet potato, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly charred.
Meanwhile, pat dries the haloumi with a paper towel. Sprinkle with the remaining spice blend. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook haloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden.
Arrange the cos leaves in a serving bowl. Top with the onion, cucumber, sweet potato, haloumi, chickpeas and mint. Season. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.
source – cooking365coza