Vegetable risotto recipe
Vegetable risotto recipe. Add risottos to your repertoire – they’re a tasty way to use up whatever you have in the fridge or freezer. This one is beautifully creamy and balanced with roasted vegetables.
* 10 mins prep
* 30 mins cook
* 4 servings
– 400g gold sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 large zucchini, cut into 2cm pieces
– 4 cups (1L) Coles Real Vegetable Stock
– 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
– 25g Coles Australian Butter
– 1 brown onion, finely chopped
– 125g white cup or flat mushrooms, quartered
– 1 large garlic clove, crushed
– 1 1/2 cups (300g) Coles Italian Arborio Rice
– 100g frozen Coles Australian Peas
– 1/3 cup (25g) Coles Shredded Parmesan
4 Method / Steps
Preheat oven to 220C. Combine the sweet potato and 1 tbsp oil in a small baking dish. Roast for 10 mins. Add zucchini and roast for 8-10 mins or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
Meanwhile, bring the stock and water to the boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered.
Heat the butter and remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, mushroom and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until onion softens. Add the rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the grains appear glassy. Reduce heat to low. Add the stock, 1 ladleful at a time. Stir with a wooden spoon until all the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock (this should take about 25 mins).
Add sweet potato mixture and peas to rice mixture with the last ladleful of stock. Cook for 2-3 mins or until heated through (the rice should be tender but firm to the bite). Stir in the parmesan. Serve.