Zimbabwe News

ZIMSEC Has Announced 2024 Exam Fees

The Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) has announced the examination fees for the 2024 Ordinary and Advanced Level exams. The government will cover 55 percent of the total cost for students in public schools. However, this subsidy applies to a maximum of seven O-level subjects and four A-level subjects, including Communication Skills. The remaining 45 percent of the fees will be paid by the students in public schools.

If students want to take more subjects than what is covered by the subsidy, they will have to pay the full fees for those additional subjects. For O-level candidates in public schools, the fees after the subsidy will be USD$11 per subject. However, candidates in private schools and colleges will have to pay US$24 per subject, and extra-territorial candidates will pay US$56.

Additional fees of US$11 apply for practical subjects for candidates in public schools, while those in private schools and colleges will pay US$24.
If a candidate wants to change a subject they registered for earlier, they will be charged an additional fee of US$11 for O-level. Adding a new subject will result in a fine of US$29. Late entries will incur a fee of US$48 per subject.
Additional fees of US$48 are charged for subjects like Physical Education, Building Technology and Design, Food Technology and Design, Home Management and Design, and Theatre Arts. A penalty of US$100 will be imposed for late submission of entries.

For Advanced Level practical subjects, additional fees of US$96 apply for Theatre Arts, Food Technology and Design, Home Management and Design, Physical Education, Sports and Mass Displays, and Sports Science and Technology. The penalty for late submission of entries is US$150. It is important to note that individual candidates are not allowed to make direct deposits into the Zimsec account.
Parents and guardians who wish to pay the examination fees in the local currency can do so at their respective centres during the specified payment periods.

For the June 2024 examination fee payment in Zimbabwean dollars, the payment period is from March 13 to March 20, 2024, at the prevailing exchange rate of March 13, 2024, which will be communicated to all centres.
The closing date for payments and submission of proof of payments, along with the examination entries for the June examinations, is March 20, 2024. It is important to note that the fees for the exams remain the same as last year, with no changes in the amounts.

Source: Pindula

In other news – Carter Center Issues Final Report on 2023 Zimbabwean Harmonised Elections

The Carter Center has released the final report from its international election observation mission to Zimbabwe on 23 August 2023.  The report, which was released on 12 February 2024, concluded that the overall electoral process did not meet Zimbabwe’s regional and international commitments.

Carter Center

The Carter Center said the election took place in a restricted political environment with an unlevel playing field which prevented the expression of the will of Zimbabweans. Read more

Back to top button