The President of the Chief’s Council of Zimbabwe and also the President of the Pan African Parliament.
The niece Paidamoyo Majaya aged 27 reported the case at Masvingo Police Central which has since been transferred to Harare.
It is alleged the two met twice on different occassions in Harare where Chief Charumbira allegedly fondled her without her consent. He was charged under the INDECENT ASSAULT AS DEFINED IN SECTION 67(1) (a)(i) OF THE CRIMINAL LAW(CODIFICATION AND REFORM) ACT, CHAPTER 9:23.
Below is the memo
TO : OFFICER COMMANDING POLICE MASVINGO PROVINCE
FROM : OFFICER COMMANDING POLICE MASVINGO CENTRAL DISTRICT
SUBJECT : INDECENT ASSAULT AS DEFINED IN SECTION 67(1) (a)(i) OF THE CRIMINAL LAW(CODIFICATION AND REFORM) ACT, CHAPTER 9:23
[MASVINGO CENTRAL] COMPLAINANT NAME:PAIDAMOYO MAJAYA
RES ADD :ZIMUTO HIGH SCHOOL STAFF QUARTERS, MASVINGO.
BUS ADD :ZIMUTO HIGH SCHOOL, MASVINGO
ACCUSED Name:FORTUNE CHARUMBIRA
NR : UNKNOWN
AGE: UNKNOWN ADULT
RES ADD :VILLAGE CHARUMBIRA, CHIEF CHARUMBIRA, MASVINGO
1. Complainant is a teacher at Zimuto High School, Masvingo. Accused is Chief Charumbira of Charumbira village, chief Charumbira, Masvingo.
Accused is also the President of the Chief’s Council of Zimbabwe and the President of the Pan African Parliament.
2. The complainant is niece to the accused person.
3. On the 31st day of March 2023 at around 1300 hours, the complainantarrived in Harare from Mutare. She was on her way to Amai Mugabe Secondary School in Mazowe for Secondary Schools debate competitions. Just before her arrival in Harare town, complainant was called by the accused person who indicated that he wanted to meet her.
4. When the complainant arrived in Harare town, the accused person picked her and they drove to Rainbow Tours Hotel in Harare Central Business District [CBD]. They had a meeting and lunch in the dining hall.
When they were about to leave, the accused person started caressing the complainant on her breasts. He also put his hand in her dress and kissed her without her consent.
5. The accused person then startedcomforting the complainant as she
told him that she did not want what he was doing. Accused then gave the complainant his car keys and ordered her to go out of the hotel. He told her that someone would follow her. When she was walking out of the hotel, she was stopped by a male adult who is unknown to her. The unknown male adult had a badge inscribed Parliament of Zimbabwe.
He asked the complainant to give him the car keys and told her that he had been assigned to drive her to Amai Grace Mugabe Secondary School in Mazowe.
6. The complainant was driven to Amai Grace Mugabe Secondary School in Mazowe by the unknown male adult. She was dropped at the School and the unknown male adult returned to Harare.
7. On the 2nd day of April 2023 at around 1300 hours, while at Amai Grace Mugabe Secondary School in Mazowe, the complainant received a call from the accused person who said he wanted to meet her at NSSA Building in Harare on the same day. The complainant went to Harare to meet the accused person using public transport on the same day. She arrived at around 1400hours. She met the accused person at NSSA
Building at corner Julius Nyerere Avenue and Sam Mujoma Street in Harare CBD.
8. The accused took the complainant to Munomutapa Hotel in Harare CBD in his vehicle. Upon arrival at Munomutapa Hotel, accused took complainant’s cellphone and gave her his car keys. Accused ordered
complainant to follow him into the hotel. Accused went to a lounge in the 18th floor together with the complainant. They had talks over what the accused did when they were at Rainbow Towers Hotel. They spent
about an hour in the lounge.
9. The complainant stood up intending to leave. When she was at the door leaving, the accused dragged her by her hand back into the lounge. Accused caressed complainant’s breasts and kissed her without her consent. After that they then left the hotel. They went into accused’s vehicle which was parked outside the hotel. While in the vehicle the accused returned the complainant her cell phone and she began recording their conversation secretly. Accused drove the complainant back to Amai Mugabe Secondary School in Mazowe.
During the journey, accused persistently questioned the complainant the reason why she was refusing to kiss him. As they were passing Mazowe Dam, accused inserted his left hand inside complainant’sthighs and touched her vagina over the pant. Complainant pushed his hand away.
When they reached Mazowe, the accused person dropped the complainant and left for Harare. On the same day at around 2000
hours, the complainant told her father Tamuka Majaya NR 22-045494-S-22 a male aged 58 over the phone about the incidents.
11.On the 14th day of April 2023 at around 2300 hours, complainant advised her husband Upenyu Collius Dirwai NR 75-364449-D-75 a male aged 39 of Zimuto High School Staff Quarters, Masvingo about the
incidents upon his return from South Africa.
12. On the 15th day of April 2023 Upenyu Collius Dirwai accompanied the complainant to ZRP Masvingo Central and made a report.
13. The case was recorded under RRB number 5457646 and the initial documentation was compiled. The case will be transferred to ZRPHarare Central Police Station as it occurred in their area of policing.
14. Accused is not yet arrested.
Source: Health Times
In other news – Baba Harare’s ice cream video causes a stir
Jiti musician Baba Harare has spoken out about what took place in the making of his “ice-cream” video that went viral and attracted a backlash from people across the political and social divide.
The musician posted on his social media pages a video of him taking out ice-cream from a fridge, eating it then putting it back in the refrigerator of what is believed to be a supermarket in the United Kingdom where he had gone with fellow artistes for the Sama Festival.Learn More